Jul 26, 2010

Day 1:

We completed our first day of "God Always Wins" Bible Club. Not quite what we expected but really fun nonetheless. There were 16 people there, but most were helpers, and only 3 kids came from our neighborhood (friends of friends). On top of that, it looks like Jay may be sent to Port Townsend for work Wednesday through late Friday. Another 3 helpers will certainly be gone, and possibly a 4th, as well as some of the kids who attended. To sum up, it looks like I may have two kids and 1 helper. I found that I was not really trusting God with this. I had my idea of a good number of kids, and thought God would provide that many. Well, He didn't bring my number of kids. Here's my opportunity to not get embarrassed, self-conscious, doubting, and all the other things that can go along with a well publicized event that turns out quite different that one anticipated. GOD KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING! I feel like I need to pound that in to my head.

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He WILL direct your path." I love that verse and will be reciting it continually this week.

Praises:
Play time was great. All the kids participated and smiled the whole time.
Story time went great. After teaching 0-5 yr olds in Sunday school, it was quite a pleasure to teach 4-9.
Activity time was a big hit. Relay race after relay race until we helpers were ready to drop!
In all, it was great! I laughed, played, got to know some kids and helpers better... and now I'm going to crash and do it all again tomorrow.

Please pray that God will open doors for us tomorrow (literally) so that we can remind families in our neighborhood about our BYBC. Pray that God will provide for the rest of our camp (both kids, helpers, good weather, as well as wisdom, etc.)

-Anna

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! It's scary to take risks but the pay off is great. Kent and I taught a lesson for our VBS for the first time last night. We were both really nervous. After preparing and teaching the lesson to the kids I feel like we learned so much. Hope it all goes well!
    -Annie Chalmers

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm overlapping another VBS? Looks like the church next door is doing theirs starting the last day of mine. Oh well, we did have one more kid from the neighborhood show up today.

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete