Dec 11, 2010

Belated Thank you to our friends



Jay and I decided we'd like to pour concrete on our 43 ft driveway... ourselves (or rather, himself with an analyst/advisor)... as if we knew about pouring concrete.  Let's just say, our friends saved us.  Especially Matt Steinhauer.  While I was away at a girls' weekend, a group of guys got together and poured out concrete!  We couldn't have done it without them... really, couldn't.  It started to rain shortly after the concrete was spread and Matt's skills and the ingenuity of my husband and Matt Turnbull and Victoria saved our bacon!  Here's pictures of the concrete and our amazing blue carport.  I wish I had taken picture of the inside of my house.  Twine was fit through the windows and tied to doorknobs, coat hooks, my utensil drawer, I think even to Yo-yo, Micah's toy horse.  And thanks to Jodi McDevitt for watching Micah almost all day, though a few dozen toddler footprints in the concrete might have added quite a touch.  Jay says it's probably better that I was away, too... I guess it was rather stressful when the rain started coming. When I came home, Jay and Micah were sitting in the living room reading a book.  Thanks friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment