Micah you are a joy. I love that you are big enough now to stir the soup (actually today it was detergent) for me, push the blender buttons, and read words like "FOX" "STOP" and "NAP." I'm sorry my "FOX" in the "BOX" picture turned out looking like a duck. At three years old, you are now listening to me read books like "Green Eggs and Ham," "Theodore," "If Jesus Came to My House," and other great books.
Last week you told Lydia, "You're my favorite girl, arn'chya!" I loved that! And you cried last night when we had to move Lydia to sleep in the basement. I'm so glad you like being with your sister, even when her crying is keeping you awake.
God has blessed you with a wonderful little voice, Sunny Boy. And since you listened to "Let the Earth Resound" (Getty) about 10 times yesterday, I think you like to listen as much as you like to sing. When you are very excited about singing a song, you belt it out, stopping now and then to lick and smack your lips (lol, very cute!) Right now your favorite tune (maybe besides "Let the Earth Resound,") is what you call the "Do-do" song. "Do to others, do to others, what you would have them do to you...." Hopefully that title won't stick, but the words of verse will!
Daddy and I pray for you over the phone during your nap, that God would draw you to Himself. He is where you will find joy. You remember how crazy it would be for Daddy's hammer to decide it wanted to be a saw, right? Well, for you to be a tool that works just the way it is meant to (the best way), then you need to work the way God made you to work, and not try to do things your own way. It's been exciting to hear you say "Jesus is the Light of the world," or "I need Jesus" over the past few days. Yesterday you told your crying friend, "Remember the song, Tom! "I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me." Way to go, son. God is helping you to believe! May He continue working and teaching you to believe the truth.
Dear God, thank you for giving me Micah. Thank you for all the things you are helping him to learn. Show him Your holiness and love through Jay and me, especially when we have to come humbly to him and to You for forgiveness in falling short of Your glory. Please draw him to You, and use him to advance your kingdom here on earth. Take him wherever he can most effectively serve You in the world. -Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment