... almost a month ago. But we've been sick, then sick, then sick, etc for most of that month, so here is her birthday post.
Dear Lydia,
You came into our world one year and one month ago. I remember worrying that I wouldn't be able to spend as much good time with you as I had with Micah, and that we wouldn't be as close, therefore. But God is so good! You are a cuddler, and a Mommy's girl. I love to wrap you in my arms with your special blankie and feel you lean into me and suck your thumb. A few times now you have been inconsolable even with your wonderful daddy, then I pick you up and you quiet right down (and Daddy says, "Now how come I couldn't do that?"). It's just God's way of showering a mommy with love, through a baby girl.
At 12 months old, you have only your two bottom teeth, enough hair for a small "fountain" pigtail and to make curls all around the back, and stunning blue eyes. You are almost running now, and babble a lot (though you have very few understandable words). You love taking baths, and can hardly stand waiting for me to take your clothes off or fill up the tub. You no longer let Micah hold you, but like to play peek-a-boo with him around the couches and corners.
After a 5 or 6 month "hiding" period, that strong "fighter" spirit we saw in you before you could even sit up is back. Use what God has given you for Him, and it will be a beautiful thing. Dear daughter, God formed your inward parts; He wove you in my womb. Give thanks to Him for you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are His works, and my soul knows it very well. (from Psalm 139) We pray for you and Micah, that God will use you mightily for His glory and kingdom, knowing that only then will you be truly happy.
Happy Birthday, Lyddie-Belle!
Love, your Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment