Here it is... the beginning... of what I hope will someday be a fine record for our children and us to look back through. I have never been a journaler or scrapbooker, but have always wanted to have a record of family happenings. One of my favorite past times as a child was to flip through baby books, mine or my siblings'. I've noticed with my kids that I already forget things that I though I could never possibly forget. So to solve all these issues, we have created this blog.
But it is for a much higher purpose than simply remembering the funny things kids said, or our accomplishments or disappointments. This blog is also to see how God is sovereignly working all things together for His glory and our good. It is to help me remember to praise and thank God for His work in our lives. (I am constantly coming to God with dozens of requests, yet I fail to praise Him when He makes His answer known, because I have forgotten what I prayed about.) It is to encourage myself and my readers (lol, if I have any) to ponder more deeply the riches of God's mercy to us, and His faithfulness in sustaining and blessing us every day of our lives. This blog will have very few, if any, deep theological dissertations. Instead it will be filled with tidbits from the life of a stay at home mom. But tidbits which will hopefully inspire you and us to know God's presence and goodness more fully .
Jay picked the title "Growing in Grace" from 1 Peter 3:18. Peter tells his readers to "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
Verse 19 reads "to Him be the glory both now and forever." Amen!
I'm looking forward to following your blog.
ReplyDelete