May 24, 2010

I did not make this up

Micah: (talking, talking, talking... talking while I do dishes, feed Lydia, fold laundry, and start ironing)
Finally, Mom: "Micah, Mommy needs to iron; I am not going to talk right now."
Micah: "You are not going to talk, Mommy? Are you going to talk? Mommy, watch this. I'm going to climb, I'm climbing, this is a gate and I'm climbing. Mommy are you ironing? Are you working?
Mommy: "Micah, you may sing songs and play, but Mommy is not going to answer questions right now."
Micah: "I can talk by myself."
Mommy: "Yes, but Mommy is not going to answer."
Micah (so far there has not been even 3 seconds quiet): "Are you going to answer, Mommy? Mommy, are you going to answer? Are you going to answer? Mommy? Mommy? Mommy? Excuse me, Mommy, are you going to answer?"
Mommy in exasperation: "Micah, what did Mommy say?"
Micah: "not going to answer."
Mommy: That's right....."

I can't remember the rest, but that was not the end. The end came 2 hours later at nap time. My ears were ringing! I tried to just not answer, but he always outdid me! And the whole time he was talking he was also moving! Running, climbing, jumping, sliding, yelling.... AH! Where did this kid come from? But he did have me laughing... laughing on the verge of screaming! Speaking of which, I need to go help the other one who is doing that right now.

1 comment:

  1. I read this to Dad and he couldn't stop laughing. Guess it reminds us of those early days when it didn't seem like you kids ever ran out of words - or at least repetition didn't bother you.

    ReplyDelete