May 21, 2010

They are so fun

Despite the pooped-in undies from the 2 yr old and mad screams from the 4 month old, I love my kids! I've heard many moms say how this season in life flies by so fast, so I am trying to really treasure each moment. I wish I could take a mental video of Lydia doing her "pick me up, pick me up!" dance on the floor. Or record Micah's cute voice when he says "I need to hold you!" or, in a voice raised like adults do when addressing little kids, he bends over, pats Lydia's head and says, "Hi, Buddy!" I smile every time I hear Micah imitate meby dropping the "ng" from his -ing verbs: "I was cry-un' for you!" One of Micah's favorite things is to help me get Lydia up from a nap. He loves to get into the pack-n-play and snuggle up to her (sometimes she smiles, sometimes she screams, but he doesn't seem to mind). It is so precious!

All these little things remind me that "God... richly supplies us with all things to enjoy." (1 Tim. 6:17) or James 1:17 "Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow."

Thank You, God, for my kids. Thank You for the little things that make me so happy! Thank You for the hard things that You bring to root out the selfishness in me. Thank You for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment